The RGP published a draft Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy on Monday, September 15th. It is open for public comment until October 15th.
Download it from the RGP CEDS page.
I have skimmed it and plan to submit a formal response.
Some background information:
- The main purpose of a CEDS appears to be “paperwork” to file with the US Economic Development Administration. Doing a CEDS has several purposes (PDF): getting funding is one of them.
- You can find CEDS for other regions & counties online. A few of interest: Columbus OH Region (2012 with 2014 update), Northeast Ohio Four County (2013 with 2014 update), Cleveland/Cuyahoga County (PDF, 2009), Seneca County (PDF, 2011), Sandusky County (2013 update), Dayton Region (PDF, 2012), Monroe County (PDF, 2013 draft), Southeast Michigan (2014 update), Maumee Valley (2012).
- Even though this CEDS is labeled “NW Ohio / SE Michigan” it is really specific to 4 counties: Lucas, Wood, Ottawa (Ohio), Monroe (Michigan).
The table of contents:
- Executive summary
- Stakeholder engagement
- Regional background assessment
- Location factor assessment
- Target industry study
- Analysis of ED issues
- Strategic projects and activities
- Recommended ED strategy
Only 179 pages! Lots to read!